Wondering about grape juice fasting? I was led to find out about juice fasting when I had some gall bladder issues, and I am so fortunate that someone told me about it. I was thrilled to find that juice fasting worked well, because I literally couldn’t eat anything at the time. Water fasting has worked for many, but it wasn’t as safe for me because I’ve been a type 1 diabetic since I was a teen. I’d always wanted to water fast, and soon found a good reason–my gallbladder–and I was “forced’ to fast.
Over a period of months, I went from having gallbladder pain all day, to having no pain whatsoever now. Just from adding a lot of fruit to my diet, dry fasting, juice fasting, and grape juice fasting for portions of the day, and sometimes for days at a time, and using healing herbs to help. It is funny how the Universe lines us up with whatever we really do need and believe.
It worked because the fruits and herbs really do heal! So if you have been thinking about a fruit juice fast–and there are many types–why not try a grape juice fast first?
The benefits of grape juice fasting are:
- Simple way to some weight loss,
- Antioxidants like resveratrol in large amounts,
- Cleansing your lymph system where the acids are creating inflammation, (Some people like to add a lot of lemon juice to do even more detoxing, see Grape Juice Fasting with Lemons)
- Focus shifts from eating/drinking for hours a day TO having free time to do other fun things.
- You are getting the natural electrolytes in the fruit, so it’s safer than water fasting.
- Since doctors don’t approve of or understand fasting, you can have a detox specialist to help you through it.
- Detoxing is easy and fun, and when you see results, you will feel inspired to keep going.
- Some health concerns that may improve are: blood pressure, cholesterol levels, overall circulatory health, brain and neurological functioning, diabetes, liver and gallbladder functioning, skin health, acne, eczema, psoriasis, reproductive health, bone health, allergies, respiratory health, and especially endocrine health–literally everything.
The drawbacks to a grape juice fast are:
- You might lose some weight,
- It only costs a few dollars a day, so you’ll save money,
- Your friends, family, and coworkers will label you a health nut and bother you with seriously nasty and judgmental comments,
- Most doctors don’t approve of or understand why you would want to do a fast of any type because they don’t make money on them if you create a better body for yourself, so you may feel isolated without a detox specialist.
- Becoming an positive and powerful advocate for yourself can be exhausting!
- Truth be told, you may get headaches and some detox symptoms, but they can be handled rather easily.
- There may be some folks out there who should not fast, but it’s worth a call in here to find out!
Some people would do better on other types of fasts, and they can all be used on an ongoing basis for overall health and longevity. See Fasting for more info.
Call in anytime for a consult about your best detox program, or use our contact form to schedule.
This is not medical advice and is for educational purposes only.